This refers to the fact that you will do less planning, but you will get more results. By combining these
practices that have proven results in time management and productivity, you will also end up improving
your motivation as well as your way of thinking and acting.
The result: a better work-life balance through improved time management.
Agile results are based on other key concepts than those generally used in time management.
For example, are considered:
- Outcomes of your tasks and not the activities themselves. That's because if you clearly
set out what you want to
achieve, then you will definitely find the necessary shortcuts to get there
- Value of your work, not volume of it. Of course, some things are more valuable than
others. Therefore, if you
know what the value is you’ll realize that less is often more
- Energy, not time. This concept emphasizes that the level and type of energy with which
you are involved in the
process of carrying out activities is much more important than the time interval allocated to them. Is
to use your best energy to amplify your impact
How was created the Agile results time management system
J. D. Meier, an expert in Software Engineering, Project Management, and Personal Effectiveness, he is the one
who designed and launched Agile results. The system was perfected over the years by J. D Meier while working
The book “Getting Results the Agile Way: A Personal Results System for Work and Life” is a
guide to easily adopt the system and to fully enjoy the results.
Agile Results delivers know-what, know-why and know-how for anyone who understands the value of momentum
in making your moments count.
Dr. Rick Kirschner
The basic principles of the Agile results time management system
The Agile results time management system is based on 3 key elements that can be easily
adopted and applied. These basic key elements can be adapted to any area of life, both personally and
professionally, as well as in any field of activity
- The Rule of 3
It applies to different time intervals. Choose three outcomes you want to get for each day, week, month, and
the year. This helps you focus and prioritize.
- Monday Vision, Daily Wins, Friday Reflection
These create a weekly pattern that helps you build momentum.
Monday Vision - choose three outcomes you would like for the week
Daily wins - the three results you would like for the day
Friday reflection - reflect on the results of the daily and weekly outcomes, and learn from
- Hot Spots
Your heat map for work and life, they represent areas of opportunity or pain. The key things that need your
time and energy
Applying the Agile results step by step
Agile results is an easy to apply method. It can be adopted all at once or in stages. Here are the
steps to follow, when you want to adopt the method in stages
- Start using the Rule of 3. You will gradually get used to this way of working. Initially, you might tend
mindful of your results.
- Then adopt the Monday Vision, Daily Outcomes, Friday Reflection pattern. You will get the feeling of a
start every day and every week.
- Set up boundaries for your Hot Spots. With this stage, you will also feel a good work-life balance.
Once you are familiar with these stages you will be able to:
- use stories to design your day, week, month, and year;
- how to find your motivation;
- how to improve your productivity;
Benefits of using Agile results time management system
By using Agile results you’ll get:
- Increased focus because it eliminates distractions
- Productivity increases remarkably
- Take advantage of your best hours by adapting its principles
- Avoid feeling overwhelmed
- Avoid overloading
- Feel every day as a new beginning